Chairman, CBEC convened a meeting of the representatives of all the recognized association on 18.01.2011 at 4 PM. Member (P&V), DG (HRD), ADG (HRD) and other officials from HRD were present. The HRD made a presentation on the main points raised by associations and the response of the administration to it. The issues were categorized as those relating to cadre restructuring being considered favourably; not relating to cadre restructuring being considered favourably and relating to cadre restructuring but not being considered favourably. The major issues that have a bearing on our cadre and discussed in the meeting are the following.
1. Vacancies arising out of CR should be filled up by promotion – Accepted and also considers to extend it beyond one year.
2. Creation of separate service for promotion of Group B Executive officers – Under consideration independent of CR
3. Promotion of Group B gazetted executive officers directly to STS – Under formulation independent of CR
4. DR quota in Inspector cadre to be reduced – Under consideration independent of CR
5. Residency period for promotion from Inspector/PO/EO grade should be common to all three cadres – RR would be amended suitably.
6. All Inspectors who have completed more than 10 years of service should be promoted as Superintendent – To the extent possible allocation would be done to achieve this end.
7. In those zones where no new executive commissionerates have been sanctioned, the normative allocation of staff may render some staff surplus and hence the allocation of posts to audit ccmmissionerates in these zones should be over and above the existing strength – It would be ensured that no staff strength in any grade would be rendered surplus and efforts would be made to bring parity in the rate of promotion among zones.
8. Bringing the promotional level of Inspector/PO/EO on par and revising the ratio for promotion to AC level before CR – Matter sub judice and revision under active consideration/parity under examination separately.
The Chairman asked the associations to prefer representation if any before 27th of January so that Board can finalize their proposal and send it to IFU/Expenditure by mid February. Chairman also announced that an in situ scheme for promotion from Inspector to Superintendent and from Superintendent to AC is in the pipeline.